Solar For Homes, Commercial, Farms, Schools and Developments In Devon
Another Solar Installation by Heatology
Why Use Solar Power?
- The sun produces provides us with free energy - a limitless supply for us to harness and use without harm to our environment.
- Not only are you saving money, but you are also reducing your carbon footprint. Feel good about the way you heat your property.
- Any electricity you generate can simply be recirculated back into the national grid for extra income. We can now also recommend new battery storage options - when the suns not shining, store the excess energy you've generated throughout the day and use it later. Much cheaper!
- You will reduce your electricity bills for heating and hot water, or if you use a solar system alongside a heat-pump you could eliminate them altogether.
- Future proof your home, who knows how much you could be charged for your electricity in years to come!
Fancy Going Completely Off Grid In Devon or Cornwall?
By letting Heatology install a solar a PV(photovoltaic) array to power your heat pump with battery storage packs, you are effectively and efficiently heating your property with nature's sunshine. Your system will effortlessly produce all the ‘power’ it will ever need from a clean and everlasting source.
Become a Carbon Free household with Heatology
Many people feel that the Solar PV market is dead on its feet due to the uncertainties of the RHI Solar tariff. We have a solution that will save you money even if you have moved house to a property with an existing installation (meaning you'll be receiveing the lower current tariff not the original higher tariff). It's called the PowerRouter and it can reduce your grid consumption by upto an amazing 70% by storing your generated electricity rather than feeding back into the grid.
The Government are saying the renewables industry has to be able to stand on its own feet, the PowerRouter series is a serious step away from an unsustainable subsidised industry to a standalone one. If you are serious about ecological and economical energy solutions then they are definately worth consideration. See our shop for more details.
How Do Solar Panels Work?
A solar panel (or module) is a group of cells connected electrically and grouped into a frame. These modules are then grouped together into a solar array. Multiple arrays connected together form a solar system.
Solar cells, or photovoltaic (PV) cells then convert sunlight directly into electricity to use in our homes. These solar cells are made from special materials called semiconductors (usually silicon). When sunlight hits the semiconductors, it is absorbed and electrons are released. With electrical conductors attached to both the positive and negative sides, it forms an electrical circuit, the electrons can then be captured as an electrical current. This current, together with the cell's voltage, which is a result of its built-in electric field or fields, defines the power (or wattage) your solar cells can generate.
PV systems can be stand alone or grid-connected. What differentiates them energy can be stored for personal use, whilst in a grid-connected PV system you can sell any surplus energy back into the grid.
What can be surprising is that solar panels do not actually need direct sunlight to work. Efficiency is boosted on sunny days but solar panel scan also produce a considerable amount of electricity on a cloudy day, and during the winter months.
Exeter 01392 464430